Tap! Snap! Deposit!
Banking on the go has never been easier with our Remote Deposit Capture. Our Mobile App allows you to easily deposit your checks in a snap using your smartphone. Simply take a picture of your check using your smartphone (Apple/Android), follow the helpful steps provided on the screen, and deposit your check immediately. It’s that easy!
Things to Know:
- Ensure your check is properly endorsed. Write on the back of the check: “For RD only at LCFCU,” your account number, and sign it.
- For RD only at LCFCU
- Account 12345
- You will get a confirmation when the deposit was made.
- Remember to store the original check for 60 days after the Mobile Deposit was made.
- Funds will be held for a minimum of 3 business days, but longer holds may apply.
To qualify for this service, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a Member of Lassen County Federal Credit Union for at least 6 months.
- Have an active Share Draft Account.
- Be enrolled in Online and Mobile Banking.
- Have no NSF activity for the previous 6 months.
- Have a current email on file at Lassen County Federal Credit Union.
- Have signed the Remote Deposit Capture Disclosure form.
- Have an Apple or Android platform smartphone
The following link is a complete disclosure for Remote Deposit Capture that the primary account holder must read, print, and sign before they will have access to this service. Fax, email, or bring in the completed disclosure.
Click view a PDF disclosure document
Fax Number - (530) 257-9042
email - email@example.com
Step 1: Download our free app, (Lassen FCU) from the mobile app store. Access your account using the mobile app (use the same login you use for Online Banking). Tap “Deposit” on the bottom menu, then tap “Deposit Check.” You can also click “Review Checks” to review previous RDC deposits.
Step 2: Permission for the app to access your camera must be given in order to use the remote deposit function. Tap on OK to allow access.
Step 3: Deposit instructions will appear with helpful hints, including instructions on how your check MUST be endorsed. Tap “OK” to continue.
Step 4: Simply tap the camera icon under “Front of Check” to take a picture of the front of your check. Ensure you have good lighting and a contrasting background behind the check.
Step 5: Choose “Retake” to retake the photo, or “Looks Good” to keep the photo.
Step 6: Simply tap the camera icon under “Back of Check” to take a picture of the back of your check. Ensure you have good lighting and a contrasting background behind the check.
Step 7: Choose “Retake” to retake the photo, or “Looks Good” to keep the photo.
Step 8: After taking pictures of both the front and the back of your check, press Continue.
Step 9: Please verify both images. All edges of the check must be visible. No data can be skewed or cut off. If any data is cut off, your deposit may be reversed.
Press Retake or Continue.
Step 10: Once you've verified both images, choose which Suffix to deposit into.